Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Cricut Expression. The expression is sleep

Mornings are hard enough without being bombared by mega-relaxing shopping channel features with the Deluxe Cricut.

Ok, for those who don't know me, infomercials and the shopping channel account for at least 25% of all my TV viewing, This is for two reasons. The first reason being, that I am too busy to ever actually watch TV, when I am "watching TV" I am actually working my fingers around in one of the many pies I have my fingers in.  (Side note, don't put a paper cut finger in a lemon pie). (Side side note, due to the high volume of assignments, CreComm has pretty much tripled my paper cut injuries sustained in the line of duty.

The second reason is that I actually like sleeping much better than I like TV, and any form of TV that is closer to sleeping than TV is bound to be a favorite.

Take the Cricut for example, how am I supposed to take a shower with all that decal choosing/title adjusting/ card printing relaxation going on.

Pause to explain what the hell I'm talking about: The Cricut is the ultimate crafting wizard. Are you constantly getting a slew of immaculate homemade cards from a crazy old lady friend or a meticulously organized friend? Do you walk into elementary school classrooms to find your mind boggled by ridiculously unnecessary personalized calenders, name tags and days of the week charts? This is where they're coming from.

Basically its like making your aunt a birthday card but with a graphic designer sitting on your knee- AND IT EVEN CUTS THOSE DAMNABLE BLEEDS FOR YOU! 

For someone that doesn't Scrap book, and whose idea of crafting is making platypus's out of stuffed balloons and felt (shout out to first-year Fine Art), I'm basically willing to invest the $500 for the printer, the jillion cartridges of pilfered art, and stacks of sticky paper, to throw it all away and watch the instructional DVD until my heart's content.

 Forget that wide eyed Cricut as a logo, they should just put a picture of me sleeping.

This is just about the most stark contrast humanly possible to my ultimate favorite Shopping Channel segment: Joan Rivers Tries to Sell Stuff!

During the last holiday themed segment I saw, A cackling Joan Rivers flashed her brown painted nails to an international audience while nearly breaking a faberge egg, a piece of jewelry and an entire display of Russian ornaments.
Oh Joan. :)

Anyway here's a little clip of what to expect once you purchase your $500 Cricut (Expression addition)

Who could craft with so much relaxation going on. It's like a cloud of morphine and spa music.

No comments:

Post a Comment