Monday, October 4, 2010

Call Me When You're a Real Holiday

So it seems that halloween is coming up again, and as per usual I'm as unexcited as ever. Halloween is one of those fakester holidays masquerading as a real holiday with days off and presents. Yes I know nothing excites like type on a calendar- sometimes I get a little antsy waiting to put a sharpie x through flag day, but just the same, nothing disappoints more than realizing you still have to go to school and work the next day.


Yep, nothing like waking up in a puddle of rum and melted chocolate, and dragging your still face-painted-because-it-won't-scrub-off ass to school. 


 Sorry Halloween, I say the only real holidays are the ones backed up with a week long break. Completely contrary to the break idea, you actually have to INVEST time in halloween, time out of your own schedule to craft a costume that nobody will recognize. Read me going as Catra last year. *sigh*. Counting down the hours of my not-actual-holiday, explaining to the only people nerdy enough to know who the Scarlet Witch is, that I wasn't the Scarlet Witch. Pah as if I would spend all that time constructing an X-men costume that wasn't even opposite Wolverine. (Don't get me wrong, I love X-men, any comic heros that shoot to kill are ok in my books.)

No comments:

Post a Comment