Friday, February 4, 2011

Wish I Could Fugget About It

Yes it's almost been too long, but it's time for me to issue my statement on Fugget About It- The Teletoon pilot projects new...hit (You may not know this yet, but it's about a mob family- so that sarcastic ellipses also counts as a pun indicator) -

Anyway, as an Italian- I'm going to put it on the record and say that we love it when you make fun of us- being the weird uncle of ethnicities is our thing. But this is SO played out and in SUCH poor taste- that I was actually offended by a cartoon. I don't think this has ever happened to me before- but I was offended more by the idea that they thought this was a fresh and hip idea.

Here's the premise: A New York crime boss and his family, the Falcones, refuse to whack their "uncle cheech" who was leaking secrets, thus ending up in the witness protection program. But here's the big Canadian Twist: They're living in Saskatchewan- I'm up to my neck in relevance.- wheee

Better Yet: Originally I thought the family's name was going to be something that justified the title like Fuggitino or maybe they were living in the mysterious Saskatchewanian town of Fugget. I don't know.- But it turns out, it's just meant to be a joke in itself.
And I can't help but have the sickening feeling that every single episode will end with a large exclamation of FUGGET ABOUT IT! by every character on screen.

I will say this though- whoever does the voice-work for the son is a genius. It's kind of raspy yet high, - perfect for an environmental nerd son of an Italian stereotype.- the only remotely creative thing about the show.

P.S- I make a small cameo in this show- try to figure out which one I am jk.



My rating: FUGGET ABOUT IT!!! *ting*

P.S: I tried to get a YouTube clip for this but it didn't work, so I guess you'll actually have to watch this terrible show. (Totally worth it to comprehend my blog post)


4 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to watch this. I love terribly offensive, in-poor-taste shows. Have you ever seen "Wonder Showzen"? *you should. YouTube it. ;) I dare you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note to self. Do not say the phrase Fugget about it on Did you just make that up. As always Brea your blog makes me smile, just what I needed to cap off my week. Your keen sharp sense of humor would be the perfect tool to whack off any one, great read and my mission of the week is to check out little Italy in big Saskatchewan or perhaps reverse that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that show. It is my favourite show of all time.

    On a related note, I can't wait until researchers develop a way for us to actually convey our sarcasm through computers. Alas, for now, it is only a dream...

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://tvguide.ca/Special_Features/Teletoon/FuggetAboutIt

    ReplyDelete